Please describe one key point that you took from the documentary "The Common Touch." Make sure you give your reasons and/or thinking behind it. The challenge is to not repeat what someone else has said!! Of course, you can add on to a thought though.
Now we have "SuperGirl"- This is a documentary about Naomi Kutin- a Jewish Orthodox child. You will need to be aware of what these terms mean: - gender equality, tournament, aspiration, goal.
After you have seen "SuperGirl" please take the time to compare and contrast the messages of the two documentaries. Explain your thinking.


I really enjoyed this doc, it was very emotional and inspirational! I loved how they put in the real video of his speech. I think the message in this is that you should live your life to the fullest because you never know when you can be thrown with challenges!
ReplyDeleteElla M
I learned that no matter what happens in your life it will always get better. I really enjoyed the movie it was inspirational so but the one thing i really wanted to do do is meet jake like the rest of the class
ReplyDeleteOne key point that I found was that sometimes things don't go to plan. I think this because he got cancer and he never thought he would get it growing up.
ReplyDeleteThis has made him realise that life isn't a joke and he should do whatever he can.
DeleteAfter seeing Supergirl I found that they both had quite the same messages. One of the movies was about a kid got cancer and how he had overcome it. The other was about how a nine year old girl how broke multiple records. Some of the same messages were sometimes things don't go to plan.
DeleteI think that the key point is live your life to the full and never give up!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletethat anyone can get cancer so live life to the fullest
ReplyDeleteI thought that that a key part of his speech is if life is tough at the mommet have faith and it will get better and live life to the full
ReplyDeletebut other challenges can appear but dont give up till its over and dont let them overwhelm you
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI thought that it was a sad story on how he got cancer but great acting and I think the message is don't give up just push through it and keep going.
ReplyDeleteA key point is that you can overcome almost anything. I think this is because he overcame a major life obstacle and believes other people can as well.
ReplyDeleteI thought this was very inspiring and I my favourite scene was when he said the swear word and got on with it. I thought it was a great opportunity and enjoyed it very much and thought how it was so hard to go through the tough challenges he had to face!!!
ReplyDeleteCommon Touch was very moving and emotional to me it made me think about my life it made me cry as it is very easy to do Jake Bailey is a very kind person as towards when he was ending a little boy came up to him and Jake signed his arm the whole meaning of this documentary was inspirational to me i felt the meaning was live you life to the fullest as you never know whats around the corner
ReplyDeleteI thought it was very moving and the documentary gave us a lot of life lessons. A key point I got was a lot can happen in 1 year. Also if your going through a rough stage always remember that there are people here that care about you even when you don't think so. Jake Bailey was very nice and it took courage for people to make a documentary on what he wen through
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe overall message of this movie is to treat every day like its your last because you never know when it really will be. I think this is because Jake Bailey was an ordinary boy until he got cancer three weeks before he was due to make his speech as Head Boy but he had the courage and the strength to make his speech and it changed his life. He is now travelling around the world talking to people and many of them have been inspired.
ReplyDeleteI thought the the Docs4school Doc Was really sad, inspiring and emotional. I think that the message is the whenever life is letting you down have fun.
ReplyDeleteits to never let anything bad bring you down.
ReplyDeleteI loved the documentary.... even though I was crying every two minites😂😢😢
ReplyDeleteWe never really realise how lucky we are until we see something like this. Don't take things for granted. He was unbelievably brave and so lucky. Sometimes things happen that we don't expect and we need to be strong and push through the hard times. This is what I thought the key messages were. Jake Bailey is an inspiring person who has been brave and strong through the journey of cancer, LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST, NEVER GIVE UP!
I enjoyed the documentary even though I cried a lot. It was very inspirational. He name is Jake Bailey. The documentary was about a young college boy that got cancer. I think the key point in this doc was about living life to the fullest and that if something wrong happens you can push through that pain and and overcome the obstacle, also live your life. He did this very well because the night of the speech he didn't want to read his speech, because he was throwing up very often. The people around him made him feel and believe he could do it. So he did it and he was very inspirational. He was very brave. Now he lives on the Gold Coast and is also travelling around the world talking to people.
ReplyDeleteThe key message to this documentary is never give up and live life to the fullest, Also it was hard trying not cry while watching it.
ReplyDeletefax
DeleteVery inspirational girl with a great story about how she learnt to be a power lifter and came back from injury and continued to power lift
ReplyDeleteSupergirl was a document about a nine year old girl who can Powerlift. I think the message is 'Never give up' This is an emotional docs. Naomi Kutin never gave up and kept on trying and what Naomi she was in so much agony. Naomi Kutin was 8 when she started Powerlifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe was very inspiring as well!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteI think the message of Super Girl is that when you are doing something you love, don't give up no matter what tries to bring you down, because anything can happen. I think this because Naomi Kutin was a power lifter from the age of 8 and no matter what obstacles were thrown at her she over came them. Because of this she broke world records and was the strongest woman power lifter in the world, and she is still lifting at age fifteen! This goes to show that you can achieve almost
ReplyDeleteanything if you never give up.
I think the message of both documentaries is to "live life and live it to the full" (john 10:10). You never know what will happen later on in life so you should strive to be the best of your ability while you can. Do what you enjoy and never give up!
ReplyDeleteOn Friday we went to a documentary about a nine year old girl and her passion was power lifting. I think the main message is to never give up, pursure you dreams no matter what adversties you face. Her name is Naomi and she is Jewish. Her family have changed forever by her inner strength and extrodinary talent. We got to meet the director for this doc and I got her signature which was really cool.
ReplyDeleteSuper girl was an amazing movie! Naomi is very talented! I think the key point in the super girl film is that if you have a talent you should show it off and use it. I also really liked how she didn't care that powerlifting was stereotypically a male sport.
ReplyDeleteElla
During both of the movies, jake and Naomi both faced challenges. Jake obviously was diagnosed with cancer and was very sick so he could do only limited things. Naomi sometimes failed, and she started getting bad migraines. They both didn't let these things get the better of them!
ReplyDeleteElla
On Thursday we went to see a documentary about Jake Bailey, a boy who got the fasted growing cancer know to mankind. I think that Jake is really inspirational. He went through so much and didn't give up even though there were many times when he wanted to he still didn't. He also had lots of support throughout his journey and he bet cancer which is an achievement in itself.
ReplyDeleteOn Friday we went to see a documentary about Naomi (super girl) Kutin a young girl with a passion for powerlifting. In the documentary Naomi faced lots of challenges but she pushed through all of them. Naomi sometimes couldn't lift the weight and started to get really bad migraines. She didn't let this effect her. She was also afraid of going up a weight class because she didn't want to lose her record but then she realised that it isn't healthy for her so she want up.
ReplyDeleteI think the message coming through in the movie super girl is that Naomi had a goal and to reach her goal was power lifting she had to throw every thing at it she train day after day because she want to be ready. She said that 30 percent is physical strength and 70 percent is mental strength. So being great at something is all that you have to have the mental strength to. Naomi had bad migraines but her Mental strength was the one that got her through that.
ReplyDeleteBoth documentaries show that you can get over really tough obstacles in life if you try hard and believe in yourself. Naomi tried so hard to achieve the goal she had set herself and achieved it. Also to stay calm in a rough situation and it will help you get through.
ReplyDeleteFor the documentary SuperGirl, I think the message is that you will have to overcome challenges in your life to do what you love. Naomi loved Powerlifting, and she had to overcome many challenges to continue doing it. The first main challenge was that many people think that a sport like Powerlifting is only for big, strong men. As Naomi is not one of those, many people think that she is not good at Powerlifting. There is also lots of people making negative comments about Naomi on her videos. Then there is when Naomi gets many migraines that stop her from Power lifting. Naomi recovers from the headaches and soon is able to Powerlift again.
ReplyDeleteFrom the movie super girl I think the message is that if you put your mind to something you can do it . also if obstacles get in your way you can always over come they. The obstacles Naomi had to over come were her head aches but once she got better she may not have been the best but could still do her power lifting.
ReplyDeleteFrom Isaac
ReplyDeleteOn Thursday our class went to a film about...
It was about the head boy from Christchurch that got cancer and if he didn't get treatment straight away the he was going to die in 3 weeks. He ended up getting treatment in time and I think the message of this film is to be strong and courageous. And I think You have to live life to the fullest.
Last Friday we went to see a documentary called super girl
I think the movie super girl was about a young girl that broke the world record for weight lifting
I think a similarity between the two movies is they both have incredible stories and that they were both young inspiring people.
From Ashley
ReplyDeleteOn Friday we went to see a documentary about a girl called Naomi everyone called her super girl because she was so strong for her age.Naomi faced lots of difficult challenges and one of the hardest was giving up her talent and what she loved for 2 whole weeks, because she got really bad headaches which the doctors did not know the reason for. Naomi soon got back into power lifting and her head soon got much better.